WHAT IS IT?
More than 25,000 Arkansans are incarcerated, and half return to prison after their release. The prevalence of prisoners with disabilities is 31.6%. Beyond Barriers is the intensive 16-week career education program that provides those with disabilities and a background the opportunity to:
- Learn new skills
- Get trained
- Go to work
- Access to transportation
- Onsite financial coaching
- Project AWIN, Social Security Benefits Counseling, and Work Incentives Planning
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (24 hour counseling for individuals and their families)
- Career Readiness Certification
- Work Readiness resources
- Potential parole fee waivers
- Session with Disability Employment Specialist
THE GOODWILL DIFFERENCE
We are committed to helping participants find and retain a job that’s a good fit.
- Financial coaching
- Work experience in Goodwill’s production, maintenance and janitorial departments
- Participants work 28 hours per week
- Fast paced environment with daily supervision
- Creation of an individualized service plan
- Obtain a free bank account with Hope Credit Union
- Soft skills training
- Learn and understand the tools needed for job success, workplace basics and interview skills
- Complete 5 applications per week
- Mock interviews with a Disability Employment Specialist
- Complete program satisfaction survey
- Continue to complete 5 applications per week
- Meet with the re-entry’s disability team to ensure job readiness
- Complete placement planning
- Get a job!
FOR MORE INFO:
Goodwill 501-372- 5100
Referrals to Beyond Barriers come from Arkansas Rehabilitation Services. Call (800) 330-0632 to learn more.