The Excel Center®At Goodwill
What is the Excel Center? The Excel Center® at Goodwill is the first adult high school in Arkansas. It provides students ages 19 and over a second chance to earn a high school diploma. The school is tuition-free to its students, with flexible and accelerated class schedules to meet the needs of working and busy adults. The school also partners with our Trade School, so students may earn industry-recognized credentials concurrently as they earn their high school diploma. There is a free drop-in daycare and transportation assistance available if needed. Classes for the next term will start April 22, 2019. Full-time and part-time students accepted. Classes offered 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
What Makes Us Different? The Excel Center focuses on the student’s education and what comes after graduation. Relationships with life coaches and instructors; rigor in completing credits with our accelerated curriculum; facilitated coursework and extended class periods; and relevance through hands-on work experiences set our students on a positive path for a successful future.
- Schedules are year-round with eight-week terms to help students earn their diploma faster.
- Morning and afternoon class schedules are offered Monday through Thursday, with Fridays available for extra tutoring and support.
- Free child care and transportation assistance are available.
- Highly qualified instructors facilitate learning in language arts, mathematics, social studies, and science. Every student is assigned a life coach. Life coaches help students overcome life-barriers and personal issues. Coaches keep students engaged and help navigate career or college preparation plans.
Our Mission The Excel Center provides adults the opportunity and support to earn a high school diploma while developing career paths that offer greater employment and growth opportunities. Our school “meets students where they are” in their education by providing a flexible structure and supportive relationships to help students manage work, life and family as they achieve their educational goals.
Our Vision Thousands of individuals drop out of high school each year, impacting their career potential as employers seek workers with higher skills and specialization. As part of our commitment to enhance career potential and access to high-growth jobs for high school dropouts, The Excel Center provides effective ways to provide adult high school students accelerated learning, opportunities for post-secondary education, and individualized career planning.
Our Policy The Excel Center is committed to a policy prohibiting discriminatory practices in all aspects of its policies, programs, practices, and operations. All applicants and students shall be treated equally without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender or expression of gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, familial status, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic background, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Students must be at least 19 years of age.
- Students must live in Arkansas to apply.
- Attend iExcel Student Orientation
- Take the iReady Assessment
- Complete application and provide high school transcript
- Attend the first day of school
NEXT STEPS 501-372-5100 or email Excel@GoodwillAR.org to begin the enrollment process.
State Required Information
- 2017-2018: Not Accredited
- 2018-2019: Accreditation Pending
Annual Report to the Public
Financial Data Reports
Annual School Budget and Revenue Sources
School Expenditures for 2018-2019
- July 2018 Monthly Report
- August 2018 Monthly Report
- September 2018 Monthly Report
- October 2018 Monthly Report
- November 2018 Monthly Report
- December 2018 Monthly Report
School Expenditures for 2017-2018
- October 2017 Monthly Report
- November 2017 Monthly Report
- December 2017 Monthly Report
- January 2018 Monthly Report
- February 2018 Monthly Report
- March 2018 Monthly Report
- April 2018 Monthly Report
- May 2018 Monthly Report
- June 2018 Monthly Report
Employee Contract Information
No employee contracts have been executed.
All staff are employees of the school district.
Annual School District Statistical Report
The information for the 2017-2018 school year
is not currently available.
School Board Meetings and Minutes
School Board Meeting Dates
All meetings held at 7400 Scott Hamilton Drive, Little Rock, AR – Goodwill Board Room
- September 20, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- October 18, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- November 15, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- December 20, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- January 17, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
- February 21, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
- March 21, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
- April 18, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
- May 16, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
- June 20, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
School Board Minutes
- July 17, 2017
- August 23, 2017
- September 21, 2017
- October 19, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- January 3, 2018
- February 15, 2018
- March 15, 2018
- April 25, 2018
- June 28, 2018
- August 30, 2018
District Financial Policies